The Commonwealth Foundation presents nine papers on the theme of Governance for Resilience, which are available for download now. The papers pick up themes first aired at the Commonwealth People’s Forum in 2015.
The Commonwealth People’s Forum (CPF) is a biennial event held prior to the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting. CPF 2015 took place on 23-26 November 2015 and was jointly organised by the Government of Malta (host) and the Commonwealth Foundation. CPF 2015 critically explored policy based actions under the theme of “What Makes Resilient Societies?” It provided an innovative opportunity for civil society organisations to share knowledge and learn from each other as well as to interact with governance institutions on key policy issues. The CPF2015 series elaborates on the issues covered in the Malta Declaration on Governance for Resilience.
Use, translate, adapt
The Commonwealth Foundation encourages the use, translation, adaptation and copying of this material for non-commercial use. We ask that appropriate credit be given to the Commonwealth Foundation. The perspectives expressed are the views of the author while documenting the opinions expressed by delegates of CPF 2015 in their deliberations and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Commonwealth Foundation.
- Commonwealth Insights: Climate resilience in small states
- Commonwealth Insights: conflict
- Commonwealth Insights: migration and resilience
- Commonwealth Insights: planning for resilient urbanisation
- Commonwealth Insights: small states and the green and blue economy
- Commonwealth Insights: Women agency and responsive governance
- Commonwealth Insights - Indigenous knowledge as a driver of resilience