The Commonwealth Foundation is an international intergovernmental organisation established by Heads of Government in support of the belief that the Commonwealth is as much an association of peoples as it is of governments.
It is the Commonwealth agency for civil society; a unique, stand-alone organisation established by, funded by, and reporting to governments but with the explicit aim of advancing the interests of the people of the Commonwealth.
The Foundation is dedicated to strengthening people’s participation in all aspects of public dialogue, to act together and learn from each other to build democratic societies. To that end it works to:
- Support the active and constructive participation of Commonwealth citizens in all aspects of their governance
- Nurture the growth of vibrant and free civil societies in all Commonwealth countries
- Advance the principles and ideals of the Commonwealth.
Creative Commonwealth is the Foundation’s cultural initiative: working to inspire and connect storytellers and artists across all regions of the Commonwealth in pursuit of Commonwealth principles and values. The programme has two streams. The first — Commonwealth Writers — is recognised for delivering the Commonwealth Short Story Prize. There is now the new Creative Commonwealth Grants Programme, that supports the strategic nurturing of creative talent throughout the Commonwealth. The Programme Officer will have responsibility for projects across the two streams.
The Programme Officer
The Programme Officer (PO – CC) is an exciting and critical new role within the Creative Commonwealth programme. You will bring energy, creativity and coordination skills to design and manage a variety of grants and other projects that help create positive change around our key thematic focus areas: health, environment and climate change, and freedom of expression.
Key responsibilities include:
- Supporting the delivery of the Creative Commonwealth Programme and Commonwealth Foundation cross-team projects
- Managing the Creative Commonwealth Grants programme
- Working with the Programme Manager to manage and administer all processes relating to adda
- Supporting the delivery of communications for Creative Commonwealth.
19 July 2021, 1pm GMT
Week of 2 August 2021
Ideal start date:
1 September 2021
- Starting salary – £30,000 pa
- 15% of gross salary in a tax-free gratuity payment, payable every 3 years.
- Holiday allowance of 30 days (plus 8 bank holidays and 4 privilege days)
- Learning opportunities at the Foundation for career development
Please provide a covering letter, CV and copy of proof of right to work in the UK using the application form found on this page.
We expect your covering letter to demonstrate how your experience meets the requirements of the role and the Foundation’s values. When writing it please refer to the above and information found in the job description, competencies set out in the attached annex under the ‘officers’ column. Each of these resources can be downloaded below.Job Description: Programme Officer, Creative Commonwealth Commonwealth Foundation Competency Bank