Commonwealth People’s Forum
An Online Discussion Group for Civil Society
Commonwealth People’s Forum is the only online discussion group for civil society in the Commonwealth focusing on our shared values, challenges and opportunities.
It’s where people in the Commonwealth can freely exchange ideas, and is open to advocates, policy influencers, academics, creative practitioners, writers, entrepreneurs and grassroots activists.
We welcome people from across 56 Commonwealth countries to engage, share, listen and learn from each other, and identify common solutions.
We are particularly keen to link members of the group who hail from one of the Commonwealth’s small states.
As part of this community, you’ll have the chance to:
- Connect and collaborate with leaders and thinkers across the Commonwealth
- Exchange ideas with people and organisations working on critical development issues, around environment and climate justice, health justice, and freedom of expression
- Strategise on how to advocate on key issues
- Learn about opportunities to participate in our events, advocacy and grant funding streams
How does it work?
This online discussion group takes place through email. When you sign up, you will be added to an email community where you can send ideas and engage with people working on critical development issues across the Commonwealth. You can browse past conversations from the discussion group on the GoogleGroups platform.
How to sign up
- Read the Community Guidelines to make sure you understand how our digital discussion group works
- Submit an expression of interest using the online form below.
- Your form will be reviewed by the administration team (please allow 10 working days for review)
- We will be looking to make sure you’re working on values connected to the Commonwealth Charter, and around our key thematic areas: environment and climate change, health and freedom of expression
- You will be notified via email once you have been added to the discussion group with instructions on how to email others in the group
Please note before proceeding: The discussion platform is hosted via Google Groups. You can use a Gmail address or an alternative work/personal email address, but your chosen email address must be linked to a Google Account.