Announcement of the Goethe Gender Writing Residency. Please visit: Residency – Writing gender – Goethe-Institut Ruanda
GENERAL CONDITIONS OF THE RESIDENCY
- This writers’ residency will be awarded jointly to two writers: one writer based in Africa and one German-speaking writer. Both writers will stay in Kigali for four weeks.
- During their stay, the writers will have space to work on their writing, have literary exchange with eachother and introduce their writing to a local audience.
- Transportation costs (a return economy flight ticket from home to Kigali) and visa fees will be covered.
- Accommodation during the four-week stay will be provided.
- Each writer will receive a grant of 2000 Euro for the residency period (inclusive of a per diem and private transport) paid inplace in two installments.
- Working languages for 2021 are English and German.
THE RESIDENCY IS OPEN TO…
- Writers over 18 years old.
- Writers from African countries (except Rwanda) and German-speaking countries.
- Writers who have at least one published text, either with a publisher, in a literary magazine or in a newspaper. Self-published work will not be considered.
- Writers working on a novel (fiction) manuscript that explores gender and its constructions.
- Writers who are available for four weeks in September 2021.
APPLICATION DOCUMENTS TO PROVIDE:
- Letter of motivation documenting your writing career, a proposed writing plan for the residency and the reasons for your application (max. 2 pages, in English).
- Description of the novel to be developed during your residency and its connection to ideas of writing gender.
- Work sample from the novel that you want to work on during your residency (3000-4000 words) and one other published text.
- Curriculum Vitae/Full biography (max. 2pages, in English).
- All documents must be send as one PDF.
Wednesday, 16th May 2021 (23:59 GMT +0)
The application shall be sent to the following address: email@example.com
Enquiries about submissions should be directed to the Goethe, please always refer to their website for complete details and information.
Please note, this prize is run by Goethe, not Commonwealth Writers.