Bold 2023 Continental Call: Climate Change
We are delighted to share that Ibua Publishing’s Bold 2023 Continental Call is now open for submissions to continent-based African writers.
Writers are invited to submit either fiction or non-fiction short stories, or poetry, that showcase the impact of climate change on their locales across the continent.
- The winning story and poem will receive a cash prize of $350 USD and $120 USD respectively.
- Shortlisted stories and poems will receive $100 USD and $50 USD respectively.
- All longlisted stories and poems will be published in 2023 in the Ibua Journal under the theme of ‘Climate Change.’
- Only one submission can be entered per author, per category.
- A word limit of 6,000-10,000 words is in place for short stories, and 100 words for poetry.
- Submissions must be previously unpublished and must be in the English language.
- Writers must be living in any African country, and 18 years and above to enter.
For full details, please refer here.
Enquiries about submissions should be directed to Ibua Publishing, please always refer to their website for complete details and information.
Please note, this prize is run by Ibua Publishing, not the Commonwealth Foundation.