The Commonwealth Foundation is seeking a qualified consultant to mainstream gender equality in its programming as outlined in the terms of reference available at the bottom of this page.
We expect the time required for this contract to be part time of 20 days over a 5 month period, commencing June 2019 to October 2019.
Suitable consultants should submit a CV and cover letter (maximum 2 sides of A4) no later than the closing date: 5 June 2019 at 18:00 GMT.
Cover letters should outline how the candidate meets the person specifications, your proposed level of effort based on the terms of reference and corresponding fees.
A skype interview will follow during the week of 10 June 2019.
All submissions, questions, comments, requests for clarifications must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than the closing date.
About the Commonwealth Foundation
The Commonwealth Foundation is an international organisation established by Heads of Government in support of the belief that the Commonwealth is as much an association of peoples as it is of governments.
It is the Commonwealth agency for civil society; a unique, stand-alone organisation established by, funded, and reporting to governments.
The Foundation is dedicated to strengthening people’s participation in all aspects of public dialogue, to act together and learn from each other to build democratic societies.
Ultimately, the Foundation seeks to ensure that policy and government institutions are more effective contributors to development through the influence of civic voices.
To support staff in three key areas in relation to gender equality:
- conceptual understanding and language
- tools and approaches for programme design
- mechanisms that institutionalise a commitment to gender equality
To undertake the following priorities:
- Scoping report to assess levels of understanding and the draft an organisational and programmatic guide
- Two awareness raising sessions with all staff
- Briefing note to each team summarising advice on programme, projects and policies
- Updated version of programmatic guide on gender mainstreaming
- Action plan for the organisation for the financial year 2019-2021
- Knowledge and experience in integrating gender and its intersectionality in projects
- Extensive experience working on gender mainstreaming in the Global South
- Experience working with civil society
Thank you for your interest and we look forward to your application.Download terms of reference for Gender Consultant (2019)