The Commonwealth Foundation is seeking a qualified consultant to take the lead in content design for the Commonwealth Peoples Forum 2020 to take place in Rwanda.
The role is part time and we expect the time required for this contract to increase from 2 to 3 days a month to full time as we get closer to June 2020. The role can be undertaken remotely with occasional London office meetings required. The successful candidate must be able to attend the CPF in Rwanda, due to take place in June 2020.
Suitable consultants should submit a curriculum vitae (CV) and cover letter (maximum 2 sides of A4) no later than the closing date: 5 June 2019 at 18:00 GMT. Cover letters should outline how the candidate meets the person specifications with proposed level of effort based on the terms of reference and corresponding daily fees.
If the CV and letter are received after the closing date and time, or if it is incomplete, we are not able to consider your application.
A skype interview will follow during the week of the 10 June 2019.
All submissions, questions, comments, requests for clarifications must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than the closing date.
The Commonwealth Foundation is the intergovernmental agency in the Commonwealth that has the mandate to deliver the CPF and has been supporting civic voice and inputs to CHOGM since 1991.
The Commonwealth People’s Forum brings together civil society from across the Commonwealth and beyond to discuss and debate issues facing the Commonwealth people. Held every two years in the run up to the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting (CHOGM), the CPF provides a significant opportunity for civil society to engage with policy makers on global development issues.
- Track record and expertise in managing projects from inception, monitoring & evaluation to lessons learnt reporting.
- Track record of designing content for international events. Essential to have experience of working with multilateral organisations and facilitating participatory processes that ensures key players (civil society in this instance) have a say in content development.
- Knowledge and hands on experience of international development issues with particular knowledge of issues around Sustainable Development Goals 2030, SDG 16. Commonwealth experience an advantage.
- Experience of working with civil society in the global south is essential.
- Ability to communicate clearly with selected Foundation colleagues, including the Deputy Director-General and Communications team.
Thank you for your interest and we look forward to your application.Download terms of reference for Content Design Co-ordinator (CPF 2020)